Privacy Notice for use of LocatED's website
Who we are
Located Property Limited (‘LocatED’, ‘we’ or ‘us’) is wholly owned by the Secretary of State for Education and is a Non Departmental Public Body.
This privacy notice sets out how we will use personal data collected from you or provided to us whilst using our website.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting the website you acknowledge and understand the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of data protection legislation, LocatED is the data controller for the personal data processed as part of your use of our website.
LocatED’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted at Data.Officer@LocatED.co.uk
How we will use your information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to provide you with the information that you request from us, communicate with you about those services you have requested, and manage our internal records on these matters;
- to manage any information you send to us, for example where you refer a site to us, and to communicate with you to discuss and progress those opportunities;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- to report on page views and general content consumption of our website.
Where you have provided us with consent in the process of communicating with us or requesting information, or where we have a legitimate interest to do so, we may also:
- provide you with tailored marketing communications for example about our work, site requirements, and other business-related activities such as invitations to business related events
- seek your view or comments on the services we provide, or notify you of changes to our services
If you want to unsubscribe from our marketing material at any stage, please follow this link to be removed from our email list:
or alternatively you can email info@LocatED.co.uk
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information that you request from us;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
The nature of your personal data we will be using
The categories of your personal data that we will be processing for the purposes of this privacy notice include:
Information you give us.
You may give us information about you by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise or submitting a job application. The information you give us will be clear from the forms you were asked to complete and may include your name, address, e-mail address, job title, phone number and information you disclose to us as part of our correspondence.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site, information you viewed or searched for, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Why our use of your personal data is lawful
In order for our use of your personal data to be lawful, we need to meet one (or more) conditions in the data protection legislation. For the purpose of this privacy notice, the relevant condition(s) that we are meeting are:
- to comply with any contract entered into with you, or to take steps prior to entering into such a contract: for example to enable us deal with or progress any application for employment made by you, or a request for us to provide you with any other services;
- to comply with legal requirements placed on us, for example as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to pursue legitimate interests of LocatED, which we have explained below, and
- to protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings.
As a business which is wholly owned by the Secretary of State for Education, we may sometimes process your data to pursue our legitimate business interests. For example:
- we may provide tailored marketing communications to you and your business to let you know about opportunities arising which may be of interest to you or to invite you to relevant events.
- we may need to share some information with the Department for Education (DfE), in order to ensure the DfE can monitor our performance, including in relation to equality and diversity.
- we will also monitor the information collected through our website for example to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; to report on page views and general content consumption of our website; and to manage the requests we receive and services we offer.
When we determine if we should process your personal data for a legitimate purpose we consider the impact on your privacy and data protection rights and we will not process your data for these purposes if your interests override our legitimate interests.
Who we will make your personal data available to
We sometimes need to make personal data available to other organisations. These might include contracted partners (who we have employed to process your personal data on our behalf) and/or other organisations (with whom we need to share your personal data for specific purposes).
Where we need to share your personal data with others, we ensure that this sharing complies with data protection legislation.
We may share your personal information with the DfE, for example in order to ensure DfE can monitor our performance, or with other government bodies as required by law, or to meet our obligations as a Non Departmental Government Body.
We will also share your personal information with selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. For example, we work closely with marketing platforms such as mailchimp to allow us to send appropriate marketing emails to you, and with our other software suppliers to help us maintain our databases.
Where we share information in this way, we always take appropriate steps to ensure that your personal details remain secure and that the sharing is in line with the relevant legislation.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of LocatED, our employees, or others.
We will not usually transfer your personal data outside of the EEA. In some cases we use providers who host information in the United States but we ensure that they have the appropriate security in place and are registered with the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme.
Keeping your personal data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose(s) of doing business, after which point it will be securely destroyed.
We will regularly review the information we hold, and tend to review our databases every 3 years. If we no longer need to keep your details to provide you with services or provide you with information about opportunities and services available to you, we will ensure that it is securely deleted. Please also refer to the section on cookies below.
When you unsubscribe from our marketing material, we will ensure that you no longer receive marketing communications from us, unless you tell us otherwise. Your details will remain on our database but on a “suppression” list so that we can keep our records up to date, including that you have unsubscribed from marketing communications.
We have implemented generally acceptable standards of security but unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
The world that we live in is changing fast. In the future we may need to process your data for reasons we have not yet considered. If in the future we do need to process your personal data for a new purpose we will provide you with information about that and any other relevant information.
You can disable any cookies already stored on your computer.
The cookies will not share any personal information with third parties.
Google Analytics cookies
Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. These cookies do not collect or store your personal information (e.g. your name or address) so this information cannot be used to identify who you are. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data.
|Name||What does it do?||Expires|
|_ga||This cookie allows Google Analytics to track unique users via a client identifier that is randomly generated||After 2 years|
|_gat||This cookie is used by Google Analytics to monitor and track visitors’ behaviour on the site anonymously.||After 30 minutes|
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Your data protection rights
You have the right:
- to ask us for access to information about you that we hold
- to have your personal data rectified, if it is inaccurate or incomplete
- to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing, for example if we are required to retain it for statutory purposes, or to protect LocatED
- to restrict our processing of your personal data (i.e. permitting its storage but no further processing), although in some cases we will not be able to restrict our processing, for example if we are required to process it for statutory purposes or to protect LocatED
- to object to certain types of processing
- to not to be subject to decisions based purely on automated processing where it produces a legal or similarly significant effect on you
- in certain circumstances you have the right to data portability
If you need to contact us regarding any of the above, or in the event there is a change to your personal information, for example contact details, please contact Data.Officer@LocatED.co.uk
If you want to unsubscribe from mailing lists or any marketing, you should look for and follow the instructions we have provided within the appropriate area(s) of the website or in the relevant communications to you.
Alternatively, you can unsubscribe at any time by following this link https://gov.us12.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=efeb865b4b4b6119696a5e15e&id=b9cd67cff0 or contacting info@LocatED.co.uk.
Further information about your data protection rights appears on the Information Commissioner’s website at:
Withdrawal of consent and the right to lodge a complaint
We may sometimes process your data for specific purposes which require your consent. If we do this we will always ask for your written consent and provide you with a copy. Where we are processing your personal data based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. This may affect the benefits or services that we can make available to you but this will be explained in the consent form.
If you change your mind, or you are unhappy with our use of your personal data, please let us know by contacting our Data Protection Officer at Data.Officer@LocatED.co.uk.
Alternatively, you have the right to raise any concerns with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) via their website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
This privacy notice applies throughout the employment relationship from the recruitment process, throughout the time you work for us, when your employment ends and after you have left.
This version was last updated on 18 May 2018.
Unless otherwise stated on our sites (including in these Terms), we are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights (including trademarks, copyright, database rights, design rights, confidentiality rights and all other rights having equivalent or similar effect) in our sites (including the material published on it). All such rights are reserved.
You acknowledge and agree that LocatED and the LocatED logo on our sites are our exclusive property and that you shall not make use of them without prior written consent from us. You shall not acquire, nor claim, any right, title or interest in or to any of them (or the goodwill attaching to them). All goodwill arising from the use of them shall at all times accrue to us.
Except to the extent that you are obliged by a court order or regulatory body to disclose it, you shall keep confidential all confidential information belonging to us that we may disclose to you.
Please contact us if you would like to refer to our sites or any material on it. Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our sites must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our sites for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.