Project Data Analyst
LocatED is looking to recruit an experienced Project Data Analyst, who will support us in our mission of the delivery of world-class schools, creating thousands of good school places and great communities for current and future generations.
You will collate, interpret and analyse all the relevant property data for your region to support the achievement of the operational and corporate key objectives and enable robust management. This role will provide high quality statistical information to enable decision making quickly and accurately.
You will also work closely with a variety of disciplines and utilising your skills to enhance the knowledge of colleagues, their skills development, offering them help, advice and support to ensure that data is validated, robust, accurate and always readily available.
LocatED is a great place to work, the team is committed to a high performance culture, which is innovative, dynamic, fast-paced and importantly, fun. We value your work life balance and ensure achievement is recognised and rewarded.
In return, we offer:
- A basic salary of between £31,800 – £37,315 depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service up to 28 days plus statutory holidays
- A matched pension contribution up to 6%
- The opportunity to earn up to 10% of your salary in performance related pay
- The ability to access training and other continuing professional development opportunities
- Various discounts with popular retailers and restaurants
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertaking the collection, analysis, interpretation and provision of high quality, well-presented statistical and management information to support current and future business requirements and enable LocatED to judge performance against targets.
- Managing the whole process of timely production and presentation of information resulting from ad-hoc requests for information to a skilled level.
- Producing timely and accurate reports and data submissions from a range of business and data sources for the Executive Team, internal teams and externally to the Department for Education.
- Delivering high quality performance information, analytical interpretation, trend analysis, benchmarking, forecasting and intelligent modelling to support current and future business needs.
- Using judgement, knowledge and communication skills to ascertain reporting requirements. This may involve explaining complex information (both high level and detailed level) to make it understandable for others to work with. Leading stakeholder engagement, by conveying information and ideas clearly, accurately and persuasively.
- Conducting root cause analysis to determine metrics, trouble shoot business issues, workflow, project plans, capacity, design and create process documentation.
- Encouraging improved data quality by highlighting areas of concern to appropriate staff, liaising actively with operational teams to understand and resolve data quality issues.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with stakeholders to ensure that Department for Education and other customer requirements are accurately obtained and reviewed, and the overarching aims of LocatED’s programme are effectively communicated.
- Providing support for Operational Team colleagues in relation to information. You will be required to assist in a broad range of problems and/or queries and advice.
- Proactively pursuing new and improved working practices within role. Producing and keeping up-to-date support documentation for processes and systems used/developed in relation to this role.
Essential skills and requirements:
- Experience of compiling management information using appropriate tools and can create reports for a range of stakeholders to support decision making around the provision of capability activities.
- Demonstrable experience of working in an established information management environment within a complex organisational setting.
- Detailed understanding of data reporting and data analytics/BI tools and techniques.
- Basic coding ability.
- Knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling programmes, including risk management.
- Advanced knowledge of how IT systems work and how datasets and data sources are analysed and used to help drive projects and organisational performance improvement.
- Advanced knowledge of products used to deliver business intelligence solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft software.
- Knowledge and some experience of methodologies and tools including data platforms e.g. SharePoint, server, Oracle, mysql, Access.
- Knowledge of data extraction, transformation and reporting e.g. SQL and Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and influencing skills to be appropriately assertive when necessary without damaging ongoing relationships.
Desirable skills and requirements:
- Experience and certifications in any of the following: PRINCE2 Practitioner, Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (APMG – P30®), Managing Successful Programmes (MSP™).
- Experience or interest in reporting tools e.g. Power BI, Tableau.
- Awareness of government policy and strategies in relation to education and estate management.
Please could you complete a covering letter and supporting statement to accompany your application.
LocatED Project Data Analyst Job Description [PDF]