Managing Surveyor - Technical
Main Purpose of Role
The Managing Surveyor – Technical will lead the provision of the technical and cost advice required to support LocatED’s identification, appraisal and acquisition of temporary and permanent sites for free schools, UTCs and studio schools within a region.
- Taking overall responsibility for the provision of the technical and cost function advice to support the identification, appraisal and acquisition of temporary and permanent sites for schemes they are allocated.
- Undertaking site and condition assessments for potential acquisition targets and identify potential scheme options.
- Leading the work of LocatED internal resource and external Technical Advisors.
- Overseeing the provision of the technical input, including commissioning site surveys and feasibility studies etc., required to allow LocatED to operate its Investment Rules.
- Undertaking due diligence of the key technical documents forming part of the acquisition process.
- Overseeing the preparation of due diligence reports on building options, setting out comparative costs, identifying key risks and issues and making recommendations regarding the best solution.
- Overseeing the preparation of handover reports for the ESFA, including bottom-up budgets for free school projects, having particular regard to abnormal costs.
- Ensuring that key performance and service level agreement targets are met within the region.
- Providing input on behalf of LocatED into Technical Advisory appointments at both scheme and framework level.
- Supporting the development and implementation of overall LocatED technical strategy, incorporating lessons learnt from projects and wider experience of the property market, planning and development.
- Establishing a reputation with clients and colleagues as a source of technical expertise.
- A degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying or Architecture.
- Full membership of a relevant body (e.g. the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors, the Institute of Mechanical Engineers, the Chartered Institute of British Architects). Or working towards.
- Undertake assessments of complex sites with minimal supervision.
- Experience of undertaking technical site assessments, including the development of costings.
- Clear, logical and concise oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the current state of the construction market at national, regional and local levels.
- Knowledge of the key factors impacting mixed-use schemes.
- Participate in the development and execution of best practice to enhance organisation capabilities and market reputation.
- Manage workflow effectively to achieve results on time and within budget.
- Commercial sector experience, including mixed-use developments.
- Represent a company at local and regional industry conferences.
- Understand the key technical interface issues when transferring schemes from the appraisal to deliver phases.
- Understand development and joint ventures arrangements.
- 25 days annual leave
- Company will match up to 6% pension
- Opportunity to earn up to 20% bonus
- Ability to work from home subject to meeting business needs
- Ability to access training and other continuing professional development opportunities
Please could you complete a covering letter and supporting statement to accompany your application.
To view the full job description, please click the link below: