LocatED, an Arms-Length Body to the Department for Education (DfE), which is responsible for buying and developing sites in England to help deliver much needed new school places for thousands of children is looking to recruit a Management Accountant.
This role will provide management accounting, forecasting support, whilst also providing financial accounting and payment support in conjunction with the DfE shared service. These activities support the company’s achievement of their key objectives.. The successful applicant will be working closely with the DfE shared services team who will be provide the transactional elements of the finance provision.
- Managing the provision of transactional finance services from the DfE’s Shared Services.
- Preparing reports on at least a monthly basis to allow the continued review of the company’s performance against the annual administration running cost budget.
- Supporting budget holders in the use of the financial management system.
- Preparing reports for submission to the DfE on budget forecasting, actual payments against forecast and cash requirements on at least a monthly basis
- Supporting the long-term budgetary planning and costs management in alignment with the strategic/business plan.
- Assisting with the review of guidelines and collation of information for budget and forecast preparation.
- Producing timely and accurate monthly period-end journals and accruals as required.
- Maintaining financial records for each scheme and service in a manner that facilitates management reports.
- Maintaining compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Providing accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual schemes or services.
- Assisting with the maintenance of accurate financial records that are appropriate for the users.
- Supporting the Associate Director of Finance in ensuring all statutory requirements of the company are met.
- Assisting in the preparation of information for the annual audit.
- Identifying financial risks.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent qualification).
- Knowledge of accounting and reporting systems
- Proven Public Sector financial experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, conceptual ability and ability to work well with stakeholders at all levels.
- Great communication skills honed in business advisory roles.
- Ability to resolve complex issues both independently and as part of a team.
- Value the team approach to solving problems.
- Assume lead role in identifying and solving problems quickly to sustain optimal productivity.
- Modify and adapt response to meet the needs of a particular client.
- Ability to use data analysis to drive optimal financial and operational performance.
- Promote the development and execution of best practice to enhance organisation capabilities and market reputation.
- Confident acting as a finance business partner to managers on all aspects of Finance Management.
- Ability to plan, shape, score and deliver business objectives as well the understanding the people elements of change.
- Possess strong IT capabilities in Microsoft packages
In return we offer:
- A basic salary of up to £38,000 depending on experience.
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service up to 28 days plus statutory holidays.
- Matched pension contribution up to 6%.
- Opportunity to earn up to 10% of salary in an annual performance related pay scheme.
- Ability to access training and other continuing professional development opportunities.
- Various discounts with popular retailers.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and CV.