Assistant to the Chief Executive (32 hours p/w)
LocatED, an Arms-Length Body to the Department for Education, which is responsible for buying and developing sites in England to help deliver much needed new school places for thousands of children is looking to recruit an Executive Assistant.
This role will provide strategic support to enable the Chief Executive to deliver on key, business critical projects as well as ensuring that the day-to-day operations are run effectively and efficiently.
Working directly with LocatED’s Board, Executive Team, Marketing and Communication Team plus other parties, the post holder is responsible for proactively and confidentially handling complex, sensitive and high priority actions on behalf of the Chief Executive.
- Acting as an extension to the Chief Executive anticipating, co-ordinating and managing all their needs.
- Providing professional and strategic support to help the Chief Executive to deliver key business critical projects and ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Utilising good judgement and decision making to independently and confidently deal with routine matters from internal and external colleagues in a personalised way.
- Co-ordinating, preparing from scratch, proofing and editing correspondence, communications, reports, presentations, key briefings and any other relevant documents including drafting relevant content for the Chief Executive’s review.
- Implementing timely, accurate record and file management including robust version control ensuring the security, integrity and confidentiality of data in compliance with governance arrangements.
- Carrying out key research as requested by the Chief Executive.
- Providing an efficient and effective secretariat function for any relevant meetings to include drafting agendas, arranging and circulating papers as well as proactively managing any actions arising from those meetings. Recording, transcribing and distributing minutes of meetings as required.
- Interacting with external clients and contacts; thereby, building a wide network of professional contacts.
- Supporting the Marketing and Communications team as required.
- Handling FOIs and official correspondence on behalf of the Chief Executive.
- Supporting the preparation of investment committee reports seeking decisions, tracking progress and managing risks of projects.
- Any other tasks considered necessary in order to deliver complex schemes from inception through to completion.
Key Skills & Requirements:
- Proven Executive Secretarial track record at senior level.
- Ability to manage and action a busy and varied workload with minimal guidance and a positive attitude at all times.
- Understanding of team dynamics and managing competing demands.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with a wide variety of people internally and externally.
- Excellent written and presentation skills. Proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar and other English language skills.
- Ability to deal confidently with any issues whilst acting as an ambassador for the company and Chief Executive.
- A high level of accuracy and very good attention to detail needed. Proven experience of producing correspondence and documents including drafting content.
- Ability to quickly assess and triage incoming business and act on the Chief Executive’s behalf to clear routine actions, delegate activity or escalate as appropriate.
- Ability to quickly assess complex documents and understand strategic priorities and identify issues or omissions independently.
- Possess strong IT capabilities in all Microsoft packages.
- Act as a positive role model for administrative professionals within the business.
- Enthusiasm, thoroughness, total commitment to the Chief Executive and the company and controlled under pressure.
- Experience of working on own initiative but part of a team.
- Confidence to deal with high profile and senior colleagues with authority.
In return we offer:
- A basic salary of up to £56,160 (£44,928 pro rata) depending on experience.
- 25 days annual leave increasing with service up to 28 days plus statutory holidays (pro-rata).
- Matched pension contribution up to 6%.
- Opportunity to earn up to 10% of salary in an annual performance related pay scheme.
- Ability to access training and other continuing professional development opportunities.
- Various discounts with popular retailers.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your cover letter and CV.