Acquisitions Manager (London-based)
Please note that this is a 3-6 months contract role.
Main Purpose of Role
Identify, appraise and acquire the temporary and permanent sites required for new free schools, university technical colleges (UTCs) and studio schools. Manage the provision of support from technical, planning and legal experts. Whilst external property advisors will be used in specific circumstances, this role is very much focused on the direct execution of land deals by the post holder.
- Working at pace, utilise market knowledge to identify, assess and secure sites for conversion into premises for new free schools at a competitive price.
- Build relationships with landowners, institutional investors, developers and local authorities and leverage these networks to actively pursue and secure site opportunities.
- Have the market credibility and relationships with landowners that mean that they trust LocatED to deliver the right legacy for their land.
- Manage the acquisition life cycle end-to-end and be held to account for the sourcing and appraisal of viable opportunities, including the required liaison with a range of internal and external parties throughout the process.
- Take responsibility for deal closure, ensuring that internal and external parties to the acquisition process execute all completion requirements in a timely manner.
- Manage the work of internal and external property, technical and legal advisors, including serving as the instructing party for external legal advisors.
- Act as the point of liaison on property matters for Education Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) representatives and free school trusts involved in schemes that post holder is responsible for.
- Ensure that key performance and service level agreement targets are met or exceeded for schemes the post holder has responsibility for.
- Support the development of property strategy, incorporating lessons learnt from projects and wider experience of the property market, planning and development.
- Effectively manage relationships with the wide range of external clients, contacts and end users.
- Knowledge of national, regional or local property markets (South East and London).
- Qualified Chartered Surveyor (MRICS/FRICS).
- Able to make the right commercial calls, often with limited information.
- Take decisions but seek guidance when in doubt.
- Play a key role within a team, pulling the team together to meet a variety of objectives.
- Commercial experience of land acquisitions.
- Ability to develop network of contracts with landowners, institutional investors, developers and local authorities.
- Demonstrable commercial awareness of the property market, market norms and best practice.
- Track record of identifying and supporting the negotiation and executing deals with landowners, developers, house builders and institutional investors.
- Self-motivated, flexible, organised, with an eye for detail.
- Established networks with landowners, institutional investors, developers and local authorities.
- Recognised as an industry specialist.
- Possess strong IT capabilities in Microsoft packages.
- Qualified to degree level.
- Understanding of site requirements for schools.
- Appreciation of the factors impacting mixed-use developments.
- Understanding of the particular constraints within which the government transactions must be undertaken.
- 25 days annual leave
- We will match pension contribution up to 6%
- Opportunity to earn up to 20% bonus
Please could you complete a covering letter and supporting statement to accompany your application.